Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Switch Pal Limited.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of Your Personal Data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your Individual Rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website. Some cookies will be saved for specific time periods, where others may last indefinitely. Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.
Cookies that we use are;
- Analytics: we use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the site and to optimize it to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity and the search words you use.
- Pixel Tags: we may share website usage information about visitors to our site with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on our site during earlier browsing sessions.
Data Security and Protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
This Website enables businesses to find suitable suppliers of energy in which they are interested.
You may request quotes or other product or service information through this website by either completing our online questionnaire or contacting us directly via email, telephone or alternate means. In either case, you will be asked for certain personal details, including (but not limited to):
Your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, company address and company name.
You may also be asked for your meter and consumption details.
From time to time, we may ask our website visitors to provide us with different or additional details – to assist us in understanding their requirements or finding suitable suppliers for them. We may also change our online questionnaire.
Contacting you by Email or Telephone
If you use any of the services provided on the website and if you leave your telephone or email address, you agree for us or the suppliers we work with, to contact you regarding the services you used on our website. You agree to be added to our subscriber list to be updated on any future updates or service we may deem relevant and of interest. You also agree for us to retain this data for future purposes.
Why We Collect Information
We retain data collected on the website about you in order to:
be able to inform you about our other services or other relevant products, promotions and services update and maintain our customer records customise the content of our website and assist us in improving our services to you.
Sharing Your Data
When you request price comparisons, quotes or further information for products or services that are shown on our site, through our online forms or otherwise, we may:
contact you by email or by telephone with the information; contact you by email or by telephone to confirm or verify your contact details or the details of your request; and/or pass on your personal information, and the details of your request, to selected suppliers of services for which you have requested information, who may contact you directly by SMS, telephone, email or post.
I consent for my data I’ve provided to be passed to third parties relating to my quote request, namely – EDF, British Gas, Eon, SSE, npower, Love Energy Savings, Nationwide Utilities and Bionic Services. This is in order for my quote to be processed and I understand my details will not be sent to all of them, only the relevant suppliers.
Recording Data and Security
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected whilst in our hands and will be stored electronically on computer systems at https://www.switchpal.co.uk.
General Data Protection Regulation 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation defines the legal responsibilities of data users such as ourselves. The Regulation governs the collection, storage, use and transfer of personal data. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, and identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the identity of that natural person.
https://www.switchpal.co.uk will seek to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation when handling your data.
You agree that all submitted information is correct to the best of your knowledge. Switch Pal Limited will not be held accountable for any information given falsely.
https://www.switchpal.co.uk will do its best to maintain the accuracy of the personal information you supply to us. You have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you in a Subject Access Request. To do this, simply write to us at 1 The Oaks, Mill Farm Courtyard, Beachampton, Milton Keynes, MK19 6DS enclosing a cheque for £10.00 payable to Switch Pal Limited to cover our administrative costs in dealing with your request. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
Cancellation or Removal of Data
If at any point you would like to cancel your request or have your data removed from our records or from relevant third parties please email: email@example.com. We will not contact you again after that unless requested otherwise.
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Switch Pal Limited, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Switch Pal Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Switch Pal Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual Property and Acceptable Use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Switch Pal Limited, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Switch Pal Limited.
You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Availability of the Website and Disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Switch Pal Limited makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Switch Pal Limited is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Switch Pal Limited uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Switch Pal Limited accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Switch Pal Limited reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Switch Pal Limited accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.